Buildings and Floorspaces

Buildings at our Tübingen Site.

The high priority given to scientific endeavor and research is underlined by the presence of three Max Planck Institutes, the University's own technology transfer unit and a wide variety of other research institutions. Areas of economic growth include medical technology, software development, biotechnology, molecular biology, nanotechnology and environmental analysis.

  • Our first project, a biotech startup center with more than 13,000 m² of total floorspace spread over five storeys was ready to welcome businesses by the spring of 2003.
  • Tailored to the needs of companies specializing in biotechnology and biotech research, 70 per cent of the floor area is given over to lab space, the remaining 30 per cent to office space.

Biotechnologiezentrum (BTZ)